Supporting the design of systems and software that match the processes in the field
- Design information in the development process is expressed directly in the tool
- Combining modeling tools with document and traceability capabilities
- Product line development support functions
- Expand freely with plug-ins
Challenges of Large-Scale System and
Software is becoming larger and more complex as systems and services become more sophisticated.
As a result, multiple teams in different companies and departments are developing in parallel.
In large scale parallel and decentralized development, it is not only a top-down development approach that starts with requirements analysis.
A bottom-up development approach to advancing the existing assets so that they can be utilized is essential, and people on the ground are making it work both ways.
The approach of adapting the tool to the process in the field
Next Design is a next-generation design tool for systems and software development.
The 'metamodel', which defines the structure and relationship of design information for each process, and
the 'view definition', which is a diagram and document representation for expressing it, can be adapted to the perspective and use of the development site to create a dedicated design It can be made into a tool.
Database of design information ( digital transformation)
Non-programming and dedicated design tools.
digitization of design
Supporting the creation of
a database of design information
from system design to software design
Metamodels and views for dedicated tools
It is a design tool that fits the actual situation of
development while taking advantage of the strengths of the field.
Changes are followed by other views.
When designers make changes to their designs, they are automatically reflected in all
Your design data is always up-to-date and there is no risk of missing updates.
variety of features to support design
Features to help develop multiple teams
Enhancements with plug-ins
An extension mechanism that allows you to plug in your own features.
There are various things you can do, from customizing the UI to adding features.
Design information verification
- Check for omissions and violations of description rules.
- CHECK FOR UNCONNECTED OR INCONSISTENT I/F
- Support for migration from existing assets (Excel sheets and imports)
Examples of applications for top-down development
By defining the artifacts of each process and their relationship to each other as a metamodel and assigning the appropriate views, the
It is possible to operate with high accessibility across processes.
Application to Derivative Development
It can also be applied to bottom-up development, which is driven by existing assets and inherent rules.
In order to use Next Design, the following environment is required.
If you do not meet the requirements, Next Design may not work properly.
hardware (esp. computer)
Minimum: 2 cores 2.3GHz
1GB OR MORE FREE SPACE
Minimum 1280 x 1024
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
Applications that can be integrated
|version control system||
Subversion 1.8 and 1.9 repositories
Google Chrome is recommended.
- All information is subject to change without notice.
- Microsoft, Windows and other Microsoft product names and product names are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.